Some of the responsibilities of sports therapists might include some of the following:
- Aiding in the preparation of athletes mentally & physically.
- Advise in warm-ups and stretching.
- Provide massages and/or apply tape and strapping techniques as needed.
- If required, provide first aid.
- Monitor injuries.
- Assess and examine injuries
- Aid in treating minor injuries (blisters, bruises, strains, etc.)
- Refer athletes to sports and medical practitioners as needed
- Design and implement rehabilitation programs
- Give nutrition and diet advise